I love to cook, but I'm kind of a lazy cook.
I want my meals to be healthy, made with simple ingredients and to be macro-friendly to my goals, but I also don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
So when I came across this recipe I knew it would be a family-favorite and I just had to share it with you!
One-Pan Mexican Casserole
1 pound ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup canned black beans (drained, rinsed)
1 cup rice
1 cup shredded cheese
Optional toppings: sour cream, guacamole, diced tomato, cilantro, shredded lettuce, jalapeños
1) Brown the ground beef and sauté the onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2) Season the meat with salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix to combine.
3) Add to the meat the salsa, broth, beans and rice and stir to combine. Bring mixture to a simmer. Cover and reduce heat to low and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
4) Remove the cover and sprinkle the cheese on top and allow to melt through.
5) Enjoy with desired toppings!