The first time I made this recipe it was not fast or simple. I overcooked my rice and I used way too many pans than what I prefer - not a fan of doing dishes!
So I've adjusted it, adapted it, and even improved the ingredients so that this flavorful dish can be whipped up any weeknight.
1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak
2 Tbsp arrowroot powder or potato starch
1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/2 Tbsp avocado oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp ginger, minced (or 1/2 Tbsp ground ginger)
1/2 cup coconut aminos
1/2 cup water
3 Tbsp honey
1 head broccoli florets
1 cup rice, uncooked (or cauliflower rice if you want to save yourself some carbs)
3 green onions, diced
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1) Cut the steak into bite-sized pieces and toss in the arrowroot powder or starch, set aside.
2) Cook rice according to package directions (or cook cauliflower rice in about 1 tsp avocado oil for a few minutes, till hot).
3) While the rice is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add avocado oil to the pan. When hot, add the steak pieces and allow to cook on each side until browned.
4) Mix the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, water and honey together in a small mixing bowl. When the steak has cooked through, pour the mixture into the skillet. Bring to a simmer.
5) Simmer the sauce and steak until sauce begins to thicken, about 10 minutes.
6) Add the broccoli florets to the pan and cover to steam for 5 minutes.
7) Serve the beef and broccoli with sauce over rice. Enjoy!