I feel like I can give myself the title: Queen of Egg Bakes
Preparing egg bakes for the week has always been my number one thing I tell people, especially as they're learning to adjust to real food eating and want an easy option to replace something like cereal.
Having an egg bake ready to grab and warm up makes a busy morning so much easier. We don't all have time to scramble eggs, so this way your eggs are ready and waiting for you.
So here's a basic egg bake recipe, get creative and add in more or different veggies, swap out the meat option, and make it new any time you want!
Sausage & Pepper Egg Bake
1 Tbsp butter for greasing the pan
1 cup hash browns
1 cup milk (any type of milk will work)
6 oz ground pork sausage
1/2 cup diced bell pepper
1/4 onion, diced
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1) Brown the sausage in a pan over medium-high heat. Preheat oven to 350*F
2) Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter
3) Layer first the hash browns on the bottom of the dish
4) Layer on top of hash browns the pepper, onion, sausage, and cheese
5) In a large mixing bowl crack the eggs and add in the milk, whisk together until well combined
6) Pour the eggs into the dish over the hash browns and veggies
7) Bake for about 35-45 minutes, until the center of the egg bake is fully cooked
Store covered in the refrigerator.