I have to start this post with this disclaimer: this is my husband's recipe, not mine!
My husband has discovered Primal Kitchen's buffalo sauce and has been putting it on just about everything.
It's always a win for me as a wife who wants her family to be happy and healthy to find these types of fun foods with healthier ingredients.
If you're making this and you don't have an air fryer, I'll include oven directions below in the notes at the end of the recipe.
However, our air fryer gets a lot of use and I'd highly recommend getting yourself one for crispier, faster cooking chicken.
This air fryer is similar to the one I have and I've loved using it!
Other things I've cooked in our air fryer (besides the kid's chicken nuggets) have been:
-Whole chickens (just like a rotisserie chicken!)
-Sweet potato fries
-Vegetables like brussels sprouts and broccoli
Ok, back to the point of this post...
This chicken gets so crispy and it's way too easy to make any weeknight! Check out the recipe below. When you try it, make sure to share it on social media - I'd love to know what you think! @chrissy.strongmomtrainer
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Legs
Per serving without sauce: Protein = 26g, Carbs = 0g, Fat = 13g
5 pounds thawed chicken legs (about 10-12 total)
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
Optional: Buffalo sauce or BBQ sauce for dipping
1) Combine oil and seasonings in a large mixing bowl.
2) Pat chicken legs with paper towel to dry the chicken skin (this will produce a crispier skin).
3) Toss the chicken legs in the bowl with the seasonings.
4) Preheat your air fryer, if it needs to be preheated. Set it to 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
5) Add the chicken legs to the air fryer. Rotate the chicken legs halfway through at 10 minutes.
6) Remove from air fryer and enjoy with a side of veggies and your favorite dipping sauce!
*Note: If you don't have an air fryer, cook in the oven on a parchment paper lined baking sheet at 375 degrees for 60 minutes, rotating halfway through cooking.