Chicken salad is my go-to make-ahead lunch option that I love to have stocked in the fridge to grab! It's an easy meal filled with protein that keeps me full for a long time.
For the precooked, shredded chicken you could cook the chicken during your food prep with an Instant Pot or a Slow Cooker, or you could even just buy a rotisserie chicken and shred that to use instead.
In addition to this simple chicken salad recipe is the best homemade mayo recipe that I love to use in recipes like this. I'm not a huge mayo fan, but this homemade mayo is honestly so simple and so flavorful and makes anything taste instantly better when I use it! So give it a try when you have a couple extra minutes.
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 stalks celery, washed and diced
1/8 cup red onion, diced
1 cup mayo
Pepper to taste
Bed of greens or a rice cake
1) Mix chicken, celery, red onion and mayo together in a large mixing bowl. Add pepper to taste.
2) Portion out in individual containers to make ahead for the week if you'd like.
3) Enjoy chicken salad on its own, on a bed of greens or on a rice cake - your choice!
1 egg yolk
2/3 cup avocado oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp mustard
1/4 garlic powder
2 Tbsp vinegar
1) Add all ingredients to a large jar or tall glass.
2) Using an emulsion blender, insert the blade to the bottom of the jar and blend, motioning your blade in circles and raising the blade towards the top of the mixture. Blend until all oil has been incorporated and it has thickened.
3) Use right away or store in a covered container. It is good for 1-3 weeks (however fresh your eggs were).