Most mornings me and my family enjoy scrambled eggs and sausage to go along with our coffee and cream. And by 'most' I mean 5 out of 7 days a week. As much as I love eggs for breakfast and know they're healthy and packed full of protein and nutrients, I can get kinda sick of them.
A simple, real food ingredient muffin is the breath of fresh air I need sometimes and especially as school is starting we could all use a fast grab-and-go breakfast! As a protein bonus these are made with a little dose of collagen. Click the photo to get your own collagen! I love adding a scoop of this collagen to my coffee, blending it in soups, or baking with it like we're doing here. It's so versatile, there are so many more ways to use it than other protein powders.
This recipe would be a perfect addition to your food prep day at the start of the week - it only takes a few minutes to blend together and pop in the oven. If you haven't added a food prep day to your week I highly suggest adding it this fall! Get my Meal Planning Course to learn the 8 simple steps I take every weekend to set my week up for success.
My littlest was excited to help me whip these together! He helped me dump, scoop, mix and taste this yummy-ness :)
Quick Blender Breakfast Muffins
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup almond flour
2 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp collagen peptide powder
1 medium ripe banana
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup chocolate chips or chopped nuts (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 375*F and line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease with butter.
2) Add all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor or high speed blender. I have this Ninja blender with the various attachments. I absolutely LOVE this blender and highly recommend!
3) Remove the blades from the blender and mix in chocolate chips and/or nuts if using.
4) Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes, until the center of the muffins are cooked through.
5) Store in the refrigerator for 5 days or keep extras in the freezer.
*Links in this article are affiliate links - clicking and ordering any of these products gives me a few pennies in my bucket at no extra cost to you, thank you!