Towards the end of the month I do what I can to save a dime or two, but to also use up some of the items I've been hoarding in my pantry or freezer for far too long.
This recipe meets the bill and saved my budget this month. It makes a lot, uses frozen veggies, plus it can be whipped up in about 30 minutes or less!
1 pound ground beef
2 Tbsp coconut aminos
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp Sriracha
1 tsp ground ginger
Salt and pepper to taste
10-12 oz frozen stir fry mixed vegetables
4 oz pad Thai rice noodles
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1) Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef to brown.
2) While the meat is browning, heat a pot of water to boiling.
3) Season beef with coconut aminos, fish sauce, sriracha, ginger and salt and pepper. Mix in frozen veggies and cover.
4) Once the pot of water is boiling, add rice noodles and cook according to the directions.
5) Drain the noodles and toss in with the beef and veggies, top with sesame seeds. Enjoy!