If you ever need to stand out from the crowd at a chili cook-off, this recipe will win you the grand prize!
It's truly my husband's favorite meal, he asks me to make it for him all of the time. The recipe below is adapted from the AltShift book and we have made it part of our family favorites!
1 pound ground beef
8 oz Italian sausage (mild or hot, it's up to you!)
1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 red onion, diced
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
24 oz marinara sauce
1 cup cottage cheese
1) Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown the meat.
2) When the meat is mostly cooked, add the pepper, onion and mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the veggies start to cook down.
3) Pour in the marinara sauce and cottage cheese.
4) Bring the chili to a simmer and cook until cottage cheese melts.
5) Enjoy with a bit of Parmesan on top if you'd like!