Every time I make ribs I always tell myself that I need to share this recipe, but I usually can't help but eat them up before I can snap a photo.
Today I am finally sharing my family's #1 favorite meal!
I always thought ribs were hard to make and expensive, but they've become one of my go-to recipes that I've perfected to be simple, easy and delicious.
Use whichever barbecue sauce you love, I personally like to choose a lower sugar option like Stubbs:
Make sure to save this recipe and Pin it to your Pinterest board!
Instant Pot BBQ Ribs
Takes approx. 15 minutes active time, 2 hours total cooking time
1 rack of ribs, cut into 3-5 sections
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup beef broth or water
1 cup BBQ sauce
1) Score the backside of the ribs into cross hatches just enough to cut into the outermost layer of tissue (see photos below). This will release a thin layer of the meat that can tighten during cooking that makes the meat tough.
2) Generously season each side of the ribs with salt and pepper.
3) Prepare your Instant Pot by adding 1 cup of broth or water to the pot and insert the trivet.
4) Arrange the ribs around the trivet, giving them as much space as you can. Cover and lock the lid to the Instant Pot. Cook on 'Manual' for 60 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for up to 1 hour if you have the time (the longer they cook the more tender they will be). If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
5) Once you can open the Instant Pot lid, carefully remove each section and lay out onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush your favorite BBQ sauce over the top of each rib section.
6) Broil the ribs in the oven or on a hot grill for 5-10 minutes, just enough to char the sauce a little.
7) Enjoy with your favorite side dishes!
Score the backside with cross hatches.
Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange in the Instant Pot on the trivet with 1 cup of broth or water at the bottom.
Set to 'Manual' for 60 minutes. Allow to naturally release up to another hour.
Arrange rib section on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Slather with BBQ sauce.
Broil in the oven or on a hot grill until slightly charred. Enjoy!