These bars are made in my house on repeat - every. single. week!
I'm not a huge fan of store-bought granola bars, heck, I'm not much of a fan of many pre-made, packaged foods... So these are my alternative for a healthy snack with only 6 ingredients that I'm comfortable to feed myself and my family.
3 cups oats
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I buy pre-chopped walnuts)
3/4 cup nut butter
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup chocolate chips (could also swap for raisins)
1) Preheat oven to 350*F.
2) Line a 9x9 inch baking dish with parchment paper with the edges of the paper hanging off the sides a couple inches.
3) In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients and mix well to combine.
4) Dump the oat mixture into the baking dish and press it firmly into the pan.
5) Bake 15-20 minutes, until edges are golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes.
6) Use a paring knife to help release the edges of the bars from the pan. Pull the parchment paper and lift the bars out of the pan. Cool completely.
7) Cut into 16 squares and store in a closed container in the refrigerator.