Fun fact about me: I used to work at a summer camp! It was truly the best days of my life and we always had the best food.
One of my favorite breakfasts at camp was homemade granola and yogurt. It's been forever since I've made my own and I had a recent craving for some again so decided I'd make some!
Here's a super simple recipe that I know you'll love. Granola is great because you can literally mix together any variation of nuts and seeds or dried fruit as you like! Get the littles involved in the kitchen, they'd be good mixers for you as you toss everything together ☺️
I love it with plain, whole milk Greek yogurt and topped with blueberries, but my daughter loves it with milk to have it like cereal. Best cereal, in my opinion!
makes about 4 cups of granola, *see note about doubling the recipe
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp butter (could swap for coconut oil)
1) Preheat the oven to 325*F. Place parchment on a baking sheet.
2) Chop all nuts in a food processor or with a sharp knife. Toss the nuts, seeds, oats, cinnamon and vanilla together and spread out onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
3) Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
4) Remove from the oven and drizzle the honey and butter over top of the warm nuts and oats. Toss together on the baking sheet until well combined and all the butter melts.
5) Bake an additional 10 minutes until nuts and oats are toasted and fragrant.
6) Let the granola cool on the baking sheet, then break up the granola into small chunks.
Store in an air-tight container for up to 7 days.
If you want to double the recipe (or triple it) I would suggest to still bake one batch per baking sheet. So if you double the recipe, bake the mixture between two baking sheets so the granola mixture can be evenly toasted.