Muffins have become my new favorite snack to bake. I grew up baking a lot of cookies with my mom - we have perfected chocolate chip cookies, maybe I'll have to share that recipe soon...
But these days I try to make my baking a little healthier and gluten-free since I have relatives who are sensitive to gluten.
My tried and true gluten-free alternative flour is Bob's Red Mill's All Purpose. From my experience so far you can use this flour in just about any baking recipe to turn it into a gluten-free treat. I've used this flour in cupcakes, breads, cookies and muffins - no one can ever tell that they're gluten-free!
Check out this amazing flour:
Now for these muffins...
Every time I post a new muffin recipe it becomes my new favorite, but these truly are my new favorite! They're fluffy and flavorful and pack that banana-peanut butter flavor that brings me back to my childhood making peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
Try these out!
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Makes 24 muffins
Per serving: 105 calories, Protein = 3.5g, Carbs =13g, Fat = 5g
2 ripe large bananas
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk of choice
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups gluten-free flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1) Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line 24 muffin tins with silicone liners or grease each muffin tin with oil.
2) In a large bowl add the bananas and mash well. Mix in the syrup, yogurt, egg, milk, peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
3) Add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl. Gently stir to combine until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
4) Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup. Top with chopped nuts. Bake for 5 minutes at 425ºF. Reduce heat to 350ºF and continue baking for an additional 10-12 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins looking for just a crumb or two stuck to the toothpick.
5) Remove from oven and transfer onto a cooling rack. Allow to fully cool before enjoying. Freeze any extras for an easy snack or breakfast later.