Lately food prep has become a very important part of my routine. As a busy mom I don't want to spend a ton of time cooking in the kitchen, so one session of food prep at the start of the week makes my life so much easier.
These egg omelet muffins come in handy and I usually make a batch every Sunday.
For more food prep and ways to make your goals simpler and easier, make sure you're part of the free Postpartum Strong Moms Facebook group - I'd love to connect with you there!
This recipe is super versatile, meaning you can add or swap any filling ingredients you like - just like any omelet. My kids love ham and cheese, so that's what I usually make, but feel free to add more veggies, more spices and get creative!
Egg Omelet Muffins
1 cup milk of your choice
2 cups of your desired filling (ham, cheese, diced peppers, minced onion, chopped spinach, hash browns, etc.)
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners or silicone liners to make clean up easier. You can also grease each muffin tin if you don't have liners.
2) In a large bowl, crack all the eggs, pour in the milk and stir the mixture well so all eggs yolks are broken and mixed up.
3) Pour about 1/3 cup of egg mixture into each muffin cup.
4) Add to each muffin cup a little of each of your desired filling, being sure not to fill the muffin cup only about 3/4 of the way full.
5) Sprinkle salt and pepper over each muffin cup.
6) Bake both trays of omelet muffins for 15-20 minutes, until the center of the muffins come out clean when poked with a tooth pick.
Save for the week in a covered container in the refrigerator. Simply reheat in the microwave throughout the week.