I love everything tacos.
When I plan my meals for the week I usually try to think of different categories for meals to keep variety and to help me think of what to plan. There's usually a roast for the week because it makes a lot and leftovers are life, some type of sheet pan meal, a soup, a meat + veggie meal like steak with green beans, and of course some version of tacos is always in the mix!
Every kind of meat can be turned into a taco and that's the beauty and easiness of taco night.
These shredded beef tacos are yummy and it gives you a little different take on how to use a chuck roast. So try it out and let me know how you like it!
1 Tbsp avocado oil
3 pound chuck roast
1/4 cup adobo sauce from canned chipotles (add 1 blended or minced chipotle if you like more spice!)
1 lime, juiced
1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cumin
1 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
Taco necessities: tortillas, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, cilantro, salsa, diced tomato, whatever else you love on your tacos!
Instant Pot Directions
1) Set the pressure cooker to 'Sauté' and add oil. Cut the roast in half so you have two big pieces. Brown the roast on each side, about 4-5 minutes per side. Then turn the pressure cooker off.
2) Add to the pot 1 cup of water or broth. Mix in a small bowl the adobo sauce, lime juice, oregano, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper together. Pour mixture over the roast.
3) Cover and lock the lid to the cooker. Set to 'Manual' for 70 minutes and allow to naturally release the pressure.
Slow Cooker Directions
1) Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the oil. Sear the roast on each side until browned. Add the roast into the pot of a slow cooker.
2) Mix together the adobo sauce, lime juice, oregano, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper together. Pour over the roast and set the slow cooker to Low for 8-10 hours or High for 4-5 hours.