Toasting nuts in a bit of butter and spices is one of my favorite snacks and I like to have them around as a little appetizer for holiday meals, too.
You can get savory about it or sweet for a healthier treat if you want by adding a little drizzle of real maple syrup to them. Use this recipe as a basis for how to spice up your nuts and get creative!
1/2 cup almonds (pecans would be yummy, too!)
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1) Heat a skillet over medium heat, melt in the butter.
2) Add the nuts to the pan and allow to toast for a few minutes, they'll become fragrant.
3) Sprinkle in the seasonings and toss to coat the nuts.
4) Finish off with a bit of sea salt (I personally love Himalayan sea salt).
5) Transfer the nuts to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to cool before serving.