When you try various recipes so often and you find yourself going back to one particular recipe over and over again, that's when you know you've found a keeper!
This is one of the recipes included in the free 5 Day Fat Loss Meal Plan and have heard raving reviews from those who have been through that challenge.
Roasts are one of my favorite types of meat to cook mainly because they're easy and they usually make a ton so that I can cook less and utilize leftovers. Having on hand a slow cooker or an Instant Pot will be very helpful to save you some work and some time.
Pork Pineapple Tacos
3 pound pork sirloin or butt roast
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp paprika
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut aminos
2/3 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp sriracha
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Taco toppings: corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, diced pineapple, chopped cilantro, green onions
1) Add the roast to the pot of your slow cooker or Instant Pot. If you're using an Instant Pot add 1 cup of water or broth to the pot as well.
2) In a bowl mix together the remaining ingredients to make a sauce. Pour the sauce on top of the roast to cover.
3) Cover the pot. Set your slow cooker to low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Set your Instant Pot to 'Manual' for 75 minutes and allow the pressure to release naturally.
4) When the roast has cooked through and is tender, shred the meat with forks or with an electric mixer. Toss the meat with the juices in the pot.
5) Assemble tacos with tortillas, meat and your desired toppings.