I love a one-pan meal. It's a meal I can quickly throw together and pop in the oven and let the cooking magic happen.
To make this faster, use the alternate Instant Pot directions or you could assemble the ingredients into the slow cooker as well, cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4 chicken thighs
1 pound small new potatoes, halved
1 Tbsp avocado oil
1/3 cup brown mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp herbed poultry seasoning
1) Preheat oven to 400*F.
2) Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish with butter. Arrange chicken thighs into the dish in a single layer.
3) Arrange potatoes around the chicken, they can be on top of the chicken as well. Season with salt and pepper.
4) In a small bowl, mix together the oil, mustard and maple syrup. Pour the mixture over the chicken and potatoes. Season with the herbed poultry seasoning.
5) Roast in the oven for 1 hour, until potatoes are soft in the center and chicken reaches 165*F internal temperature.
Instant Pot Directions
1) Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper to your liking. Set Instant Pot to 'Saute' function and melt 1 Tbsp butter. Add chicken thighs and brown each side, about 3 minutes per side.
2) Turn off the Instant Pot and add in 1 cup of water or 1 cup of broth along with the potatoes. Season the potatoes with additional salt, pepper and herbed poultry seasoning.
3) Cover and lock the lid, set to 'Manual' for 4 minutes. While you wait, mix in a small bowl the oil, maple syrup and mustard.
4) Allow the Instant Pot to release the pressure naturally. When you can open the lid, carefully pour out excess water or broth from the pot. Then pour the syrup and mustard mixture over the chicken and potatoes.