...butter technically isn't Paleo, which means I could never be 100% paleo.
Butter is a real food however, so I am totally on board with that!
I wanted to make some muffins to switch things up from our usual scrambled egg breakfast, and I wanted a muffin that sneaks in some veggies while I was at it.
These muffins fit the bill. The butter is always optional, but required in my home. It's kind of like the icing that tops it off to nicely!
This recipe makes 2 dozen. You can freeze one dozen and enjoy the other. It'll make breakfast easier in the future when you have things to pull out of the freezer!
4 cups almond flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1/2 cup honey
2 cups finely shredded carrots (about 6 large carrots)
1 cup chopped walnuts
1) Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease 24 muffin tins or line them with paper muffin liners.
2) Combine dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
3) Add in the wet ingredients and stir together.
4) Gently mix in the carrots and walnuts
5) Using a cookie scoop, fill muffin tins with one heaping scoop each.
6) Bake 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
7) Remove and cool muffins on a cooling rack. Freeze extras.