I recently shared this recipe over on Instagram and had to add it to my blog for safe keeping.
Having on hand recipes that require little to no prep work, frozen or pantry items and result in a healthy meal quickly is required!
I love to meal plan, to think and plan ahead, and to stay on track - that's just my personality - but it doesn't always happen. We all have those times when we drop the ball and forget about dinner.
So here you go, a meal that you can stick in your Instant Pot and 30 minutes later you've got dinner on the table!
Also, if you don't yet have an Instant Pot, what are you waiting for?! Click here to check them out and order your own. You'll get the hang of it, you'll use it all the time, save money on takeout, and end up eating healthier all because of this machine. Trust me, it's SO worth it!
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
3 chicken breasts, frozen or thawed
2 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 cup rice, cooked according to package directions
1 Tbsp butter
1) Add 1 cup of water or broth to your Instant Pot. Insert the trivet on the bottom of the pot.
2) Layer in the chicken breasts.
3) In a small bowl stir together the oil and seasonings. Drizzle seasoning mixture over the chicken breasts and brush around to cover. Set the Instant Pot to 15 minutes on 'Manual'. Allow to release the pressure naturally when done cooking.
4) While the chicken is cooking, prepare rice according to package instructions. Stir the butter into the rice after cooking.
5) Enjoy the chicken and rice with any added veggies you may have in your fridge!