Chili can easily be made in a slow cooker or on the stove, either way it can really be a simple meal to whip together.
This recipe can be ready in 30 minutes and it's a basic recipe that you can get creative with and make your own!
I don't love a lot of heat, so add the red pepper flakes to your liking. My husband always adds more spice to my chili, he's my spice to my mild :)
2 Tbsp avocado oil
1 lb ground turkey
1 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (less or more depending on how spicy you like it)
3 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp paprika
1 can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes
8 oz tomato sauce
1 cup chicken broth
Optional toppings: sour cream, shredded cheddar, green onions, chives
1) Heat a large pot like a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add turkey and brown.
2) Add onion, red pepper, and garlic. Cook a couple minutes until onions are translucent.
3) Add in seasonings and cook 2-3 minutes.
4) Add kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and broth. Mix to combine and bring to a boil.
5) Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
6) Serve with your favorite toppings.