A meal that looks like it took a lot of effort when it actually didn't? AND it's healthy?? Yes please!
Choose which way you want to cook this meal depending on what you have available to cook with. I personally use my Instant Pot for anything I can. It makes cooking a lot more hands-off and allows me to watch my kids and prevent them from totally destroying the house or each other.
This meal is well balanced with PFC macro nutrients to make you feel full and satisfied while keeping it low carb if you have a fat loss goal. Wish you understood how to lose fat with proper macros? Let me teach you how! I know you'll appreciate the simplicity of PFC eating.
Creamy Lemon Chicken
4-6 boneless chicken thighs or breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp avocado oil
3 Tbsp butter
1/4 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
1/3 cup chicken broth or bone broth
2 Tbsp heavy cream
Fresh parsley and lemon slices for garnish
2 cups green beans, steamed
1) Preheat oven to 375*F.
2) Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder on each side.
3) Head a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Brown the chicken on each side, about 5 minutes per side, adding the thighs or breasts in a couple batches so as not to overcrowd the pan, adding additional oil to the pan as you need to. Place the browned chicken in a rimmed baking dish.
4) After the chicken breasts have been browned, wipe the skillet clean. Add butter to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until onion becomes translucent.
5) Add to the skillet the Italian seasoning, lemon zest and juice, broth and heavy cream. Bring to a low boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Simmer the sauce until it thickens slightly.
6) While the sauce thickens, steam the green beans in the microwave or however you prefer. Then add the green beans to the baking dish with the chicken.
7) Pour the cream sauce over the chicken. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165*F.
Instant Pot Directions
1) Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on each side, set aside.
2) Set the Instant Pot to 'Sauté' function, add avocado oil to the pot. Sauté the onion and garlic until onion becomes translucent.
3) Add 1 cup of broth (instead of 1/3 cup) to the pot. Layer on top the chicken. Set the Instant Pot to 'Manual' for 15 minutes and allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes before manually releasing the rest of the pressure.
4) Remove the chicken from the pot and add to a baking dish, leaving the excess broth and juices in the pot.
5) Set the Instant Pot to 'Sauté' function, add in the cream, lemon zest and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and allow to thicken slightly.
6) Pour the hot cream sauce over the chicken. Serve with steamed green beans and garnish with lemon slices if you'd like.