I've shared Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers, which are amazing, but nothing beats a classic recipe. These peppers are tried and true, simple and quick.
Over on Instagram I like to share my PFC meals, and with this recipe you've got a great P (protein) - beef, F (fat) - with the cheese, and healthy C (carbs) with rice and peppers. PFC is the blueprint I show you in the Strong Mom Bod Method for fat loss and muscle gain. It's been the roadmap for my own weight journey I've used through every postpartum phase and maintaining for the long run.
For the little ones in your home it could be easier to turn this into a casserole by dicing up the peppers, mixing them into the meat and baking. A big pepper can be hard for the kids to handle.
Give these a try - share the recipe - tag me in any of your social posts @simplymadecoaching
Classic Stuffed Peppers
1 cup rice
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
1-2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
6 bell peppers, seeded and halved
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1) Preheat the oven to 400*F. Prepare the rice in a pot according to package directions.
2) Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the ground beef and break into small chunks begin to brown. Add the onion and garlic to the beef and cook until onion becomes translucent.
3) Add tomato paste and diced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer until rice is cooked.
4) Once the rice is cooked, add it to the beef mixture and combine.
5) Set up the halved peppers in a rimmed baking dish, cut side up. Drizzle oil over the peppers and brush the oil to coat the peppers. Fill each pepper with meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
6) Bake filled peppers 30-35 minutes until cheese browns slightly on top.