Burgers are just about my favorite meal, so I figured I'd give this chicken patty a try to switch things up a bit. Recipe is adapted from the wonderful Rachel Ray who always has a quick recipe up her sleeve. In fact, when I first started my journey in cooking her recipes were some of the first things I tried and was successful with. She's the queen of 30 minute meals, and these patties really took about 30 minutes to cook from start to finish! They were so yummy, I'll definitely be making them again for my family.
Enjoy them for dinner or make them during a food prep day to have as an easy lunch to bring to work. To make ahead of time just skip the last step and wait to top them with sauce and cheese when you're ready to warm them up to eat.
1 pound ground chicken
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
12 oz marinara sauce
4-5 slices mozzarella cheese
1) Preheat oven to 425*F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2) In a large mixing bowl mix together the chicken, egg, almond flour, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning together until well incorporated.
3) Form with your hands 4-5 equal sized patties and place on the baking sheet.
4) Bake the patties for 15 minutes, until the center of the burger reaches 165*F with an instant read meat thermometer.
5) Add about 1/4 cup of marinara sauce on top of each patty and a slice of cheese. Bake additional 5-10 minutes until cheese has melted and sauce is heated through.
6) Enjoy with a side Caesar salad or roasted veggies.