Are casseroles a midwest thing? If they are, we midwesterners are brilliant. Add stuff to a pan, cook it all together, feed a ton of people very quickly - my kind of meal!
Add this casserole to your meal plan and get a few meals out of it with very little effort. If you're in the habit of adding a food prep day to your schedule, cook and shred the chicken during your food prep so it is ready to add to this dish.
Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
1 Tbsp butter
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 Tbsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (about 2 chicken breasts)
1 head broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
1) Preheat oven to 375*F. Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish with butter.
2) In a large bowl mix together the yogurt, sour cream, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, thyme, salt and pepper.
3) Add chicken, broccoli, onion, garlic and carrot to the bowl and mix to combine.
4) Pour mixture into the greased baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
5) Bake 35-45 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted.